Valeo, a Global leader in the Electrical Segment, introduces 33 Adaptable spares
Working: A voltage regulator generates a fixed output voltage of a present magnitude that remains constant regardless of changes to its input voltage or load conditions. It compares the output voltage with a precise reference voltage and adjusts the pass device to maintain a constant output voltage.
- High voltages can cause damage to the battery and electrical systems by overcharging the system.
- Check for Low Voltages.
- No Electrical output.
Working: A rectifier is an electrical device that converts alternating current (AC), which periodically reverses direction, to direct current (DC), which flows in only one direction. The process is know as rectification, since it "straightens" the direction of current.
- One of the top causes is heat.
- Failure of Diodes.
3. ORC ASSEMBLY
Working: An overrunning clutch transmits torque in one direction only and permits the driven shaft of a machine to freewheel, or keep on rotating when the driver is stopped. On bicycle, such clutches permit the rider to coast without moving the pedals.
- The only major disadvantages of ORC is that it will causes excessive wear and tear on regular engine cranking.
4. FIELD COIL
Working: A field coil is an electromagnet used to generate a magnetic field in an electro-magnetic machine, typically a rotating electrical machine such as a motor or generator. Its consists of a coil of wire through which a current flows.
- Earthing-when the taping surrounding the coil starts to wear - so the wire is left exposed and makes contact with the metal body of the equipment.
- Shorting-caused by the unsuccessful insulation between individual winding found within generator rotors.
- Overheating-Though overheating can be caused by shorting - there are still several other reasons like vibration and abnormal noise.
5. SOLENOID SWITCH
Working: The solenoid simply works on the principle of "electromagnetism". When the current flow through the coil magnetic field is generated in it, if you place a metal core inside the coil the magnetic lines of flux are concentrated on the core which increases the induction of the coil as compared to the air core.
- Clicking sound coming from the starter motor.
- Starter motor keeps running after the engine starts.
- There is no sound when trying to start engine.
Working: In electrical engineering, an armature is the component electric machine which carries alternating current. when the machine or motor is used as a motor, this EMF opposes the armature current, and the armature converts converts electrical power to mechanical power in the form of torque, and transfers it via the shaft.
Defects: Burnt-out armature- It may be the result of several issues like poor airflow, overloading, stalling, earthing, insulation breakdown, regulator failure. etc.
Launch of Competition technology Electrical Spare Parts for Independent After Market - India
Valeo is taking up the challenge of a fast growing market and more demanding operations in workshops. Marking mechanics day to day work easier is the core of the Valeo strategy, and goes through delivering the right coverage and providing smart services.