TIP #1: WIPER BLADES
The rubber of your wipers may deform if left unused for a long period and in contact with the windshield!
- Twice a week, clean your wipers with windshield cleaning liquid and water or isopropyl alcohol, and clean windshield.
- For long periods without using the car: raise wiper arms to avoid any contact with the windshield, or remove wipers and store them in a dry place at room temperature.
TIP #2: BRAKES
Humidity can cause the brakes to stick, even with discs!
- Use chocks to keep the car stationary (on a flat surface), instead of applying the handbrake.
- Move your vehicle a few meters to activate the circuit, circulate the brake liquid and un-stick pads and drums.
TIP #3: AIR CONDITIONING
Your air conditioning system needs to be used to perform well!
- Air conditioning should be regularly used to lubricate the compressor and hose sealing system, during summer and winter.
- Turn it on for 30 minutes every 2 weeks. It is better to wait a few seconds before turning it on, after starting the engine.
TIP #4: BATTERY
When you don’t use your car, 3% of your battery is used every day!
- Even stopped, your car is consuming battery power, whether with alarm, tracker, radio display... 30 days without starting the car and your battery may just not work (note that other factors can influence this load consumption, depending on the vehicle)
- Start your engine once a week for 20 to 30 minutes in order to charge the circuit, or disconnect the battery to avoid the consumption.
TIP #5: TIRES
Your tires are key for your safety!
- Respect the recommended pressure, indicated in the manual for maximum load. Caring for your tires is simple!
- If the car is kept stationary for more than 90 days, it is necessary to support the vehicle on trestles, to avoid deformation due to the car’s weight. You can also move regularly the vehicle a few meters, if possible.
TIP #6: ENGINE
Your engine needs to turn, to circulate all liquids!
- Engine fluids (fuel, coolant ...) needs to circulate regularly, to avoid sediments, gases or loss of properties.
- Start your engine once a week for 20 to 30 minutes to facilitate liquid circulation.