As part of the brand awareness and to increase the reach in the market, Valeo Service India invited potential retailers from thirchengode district- which is one of the strongest market for the HCV segment, to visit our clutch plant in chennai to show Valeo capabilities and technical superiority. One of our privileged customer IMPAL - India Motor parts and accessories Limited with a largest network base in PAN India level was also part of the organizing committee and supported the team in conducting the event. 24 Retailers flocked in from thirchengode district.
All heavy duty clutch range were on display. The plant capabilities/ product technologies /current product range availability from AVCPL were presented during the event, followed by which the customers were taken through the overview of Valeo Service and its operation in India and globally. A live production demo was shown to customer inside the clutch assembly line.
Key highlights from the Event
- Valeo service team insisted on the necessity to change as the market and OEM's change towards diaphragm technology in trucks.
- About 4000 vehicles are fitted with diaphragm clutches in OEM's in India.
- Retrofittment of diaphragm on coil spring type clutches vehicles is possible and we have the range for catering that requirement.
- Incentive scheme for retailers and mechanics should be equal.
- Valeo service team to introduce ceramic pad disc for both 14'' and 15'' size for Ashok Leyland vehicles on priority basis as there is market demand for it.
The overall event was an eye opener for customers and they came up with different ideas to increase the reach of Valeo aftermarket in tough market situation. Valeo service India plans to conduct many such events in the future